Come and discover our hotel near Montparnasse, its dynamic district, ideal for an unforgettable stay in Paris. Neon signs, cinemas, theatres, historical brasseries, confidential museums and magnificent parks… You won’t be bored!
What to see around our hotel near Montparnasse
The Montparnasse district around our hotel is full of life and activities of all kind, fit for families as well as on your own!
The Montparnasse Tower in the heart of the district
You just can’t miss it when passing through the neighborhood! Built between 1969 and 1973, the Tour Montparnasse was inaugurated in 1973. At the time, the skyscraper was the highest office building in Europe! It retained this title for about twenty years, until 1990.
Although the Tower houses mainly offices, some parts can be visited:
- The 56th floor, which includes a bar and the restaurant Le Ciel de Paris, from where you can enjoy a breathtaking view of Paris.
- The Tower’s observatory, on the 58th floor. You will find there a 800 sq. meters terrace, 210 meters above the ground. Among the large avenues and the famous monuments such as the Sacré Coeur, the Eiffel Tower or Notre-Dame de Paris, will you be able to locate our hotel?
Visit the catacombs of Paris a stone’s throw from the Raspail Montparnasse hotel.
You are familiar with the city of Paris? And you already visited its must-see monuments and completed the traditional sightseeing tour? Then we invite you to discover the bowels of the French capital… Dive 20 meters underground to discover the ossuary of Paris and its history. A troubling and instructive immersion, which takes us through centuries in 45 minutes.
Museums just a bird’stone away from our hotel near Montparnasse.
- Bourdelle Museum, former studio and garden of the artist Antoine Bourdelle, is a magnificent place, a true haven of peace in Paris. The appearance and staging of the temporary or permanent exhibitions are always interesting and perfectly coherent. The sculptures in the gardens alone are worth the trip…
- Zadkine Museum is a little hidden gem of the city of Paris. It was the studio of Ossip Zadkine, a sculptor of Russian origin, from 1928 to 1967, the year of his death. You may follow his path, through his works. Discover first his primitive period, then his works inspired by cubism, and finally the abstract sculptures of his last years.
- The Giacometti Institute is a reconstruction of the artist’s studio in a Parisian mansion. Here you are in a museum on a human scale, allowing a real proximity with the works of art. The scenography is magical, and the beauty of the place enhances the purity of the sculptures.
Stroll around our hotel close to Montparnasse
Discover the spirit of the Montparnasse district from our hotel! Stroll through the district, and find occasional glimpses of the artists of the time!
The Edgar Quinet creative market
A few minutes’ walk from our hotel near Montparnasse is one of the most original markets of the capital. Every Sunday, from 10 am to nightfall, you can meet about thirty creative artists who offer paintings, sculptures, engravings, photographs, ceramics, painted silk, poetry, etc. Strolling around is a real pleasure, even more so with the arrival of fine weather!
The parks and gardens around our hotel near Montparnasse.
- A few minutes’ walk away, you will find the beautiful and grandiose Luxembourg Gardens, surrounding the Senate. Orangery, orchard, greenhouses, rose garden, apiary, one hundred and six sculptures, two fountains, chess, bridge, tennis, outdoor exhibitions, bandstand, radio-controlled boats, puppet theatre, pony ride, playground… It’s really worth the detour!
- In another style, and a little further away from the Raspail Montparnasse hotel, you can also go for a walk in the Parc Montsouris. It is for us one of the most beautiful parks in Paris. You can discover more than 1,400 trees there, many species of birds, as well as a magnificent lake and beautiful statues. This park is one of the most intimate parks in Paris, ideal to relax.
Artists’ studios in the Montparnasse district
You don’t have to walk far in the Montparnasse district to discover the old artist’s studios of the Roaring Twenties. From Picasso’s studio to Matisse’s house, via the Taberlet city (which still welcomes artists today). And not forgetting the streets of Campagne Première and Boissonade, or the studios of Foujita, Man Ray, Georgio des Chiricho, Modigliani… This district is ideal to follow in the footsteps of the artists of the time!
The Theatres of rue Gaîté and Montparnasse
We couldn’t talk about the Montparnasse district without mentioning the many theatres in the surrounding area. To find out more, however, you’ll have to wait for our article on the subject.
And enjoy your stay at the Raspail Montparnasse hotel!